- Chancellor Khosla said the reason they extended remote learning to the end of January is because Omicron is expected to peak mid January in San Diego.
- Dr. Schooley stated that Omicron in South Africa had a rapid peak and rapid decline and this is also being seen in the UK.
- On campus students currently have twice the positive covid rate compared to off campus students (On campus: 935/100k, Off campus: 486/100k)
- Projections of new cases estimate that by the first week of February the rate of new cases will be around the same as before Omicron, sub 10k new cases in SD County per day compared to around 90k new cases per day at Omicron's peak.
- The definition of "Fully Vaccinated" now means that it has been at least 7 days since you've got the booster, UCSD students and employees are mandated to get the booster within 30 days of becoming eligible.
- For students return to campus within SD County, take a PCR covid test 24 to 48 hours before returning. For students outside of SD County, take a rapid antigen test 24 to 48 hours before coming to SD County and a PCR 24 to 48 hours before returning to campus. Ideally students return in a staggered arrival.
- Instructors have the flexibility to choose how they wish to conduct class for the rest of the quarter